September 24th, 2014
Our school is registered and could possibly win the Annual $500 Connected School Award!
For more information, visit [ http://www.sayhi.ca ]www.sayhi.ca
Don’t Be Shy, Just Say Hi!
Building a strong, caring community is one of our most effective crime prevention tools.
The “Say Hi” campaign aims to bring people together and nurture a sense of belonging and responsibility in our community.
Ways to Build Say HI into Our School Thursday!
- Handprint banner/collage
- Promote “Hi” in different languages
- Say hi in different languages on announcements
- Post hellos in different languages on bulletin boards
- SPIRIT DAY
- Wear black and yellow
- Greeter at the entrance
- Create a school “Say Hi” banner
Why Say Hi?
By reaching out to neighbours and friends, you can help build a strong community.
· You’ll get connected with your community
· You’ll remove barriers that separate people
· You’ll nurture a sense of belonging & inclusion
· You’ll start a dialogue about community safety